Together we will inspire people to
look and feel better,
nourish their bodies with less manufactured foods,
provide basic cooking instructions, and
offer examples how mind, body and spirit is connected to the foods we eat.
The UnBox Your Kitchen cookbook series is one of the elements I am creating to bring awareness to those motivated to live a healthier lifestyle.
Encourage individuals to consider their responses to:
What is in your kitchen cabinets?
How much of it is manufactured meals and desserts?
When you go to the grocery store, are you shopping the center
aisles or are your purchases from around the outside perimeter?
The foods we eat can affect our:
blood sugar level
breathing and much more…
“One of the reasons I became an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach was to help individuals to explore the elements for a healthier life. The more aware we are of what we eat, the better the food choices we make and the better we feel.” -C.K. Kochis
There is a growing number of young women and men that do not know how to prepare home-cooked meals. Help me to change that. Let’s provide them with the know-how to prepare quinoa salad, beef stew, macaroni ‘n cheese, graham crackers, cookies, chicken pot pie and etcetera from scratch versus the boxed versions. This book series will guide individuals unfamiliar with cooking homemade meals and educate them with the benefits of preparing healthy food.
Contributing writers may submit a 500 to 700-word article to accompany the recipe, instructions, 75-word biography and photographs in each soft-cover (6″ x 9″) recipe book. The intent of this series is to encourage people to prepare home-cooked foods versus reaching for manufactured food products, and coincides with the UnBox Your Kitchen coaching program in which clients learn healthier eating and lifestyle options from “where they’re at”.
When I worked in a corporate office, the women in their twenties believed they were making nutritious food choices. Most of them did not know how to cook chicken, make brownies from scratch, or attempt to mash potatoes. I was astounded. They did not know, what I consider, basic kitchen techniques and cooking skills. My mission to guide people with basic kitchen instruction on how to cook homemade meals and desserts was born.
Each book will have a “key” to acknowledge the recipes that are gluten-free, nut-free, egg-free and dairy-free for those with food allergies and sensitivities to refer. Collaborative partners are encouraged (not required) to share alternative options along with your recipe to coincide with the ingredients listed in the key.
(Once payment is received, you’ll have access to the submission form)
1. A. Professional insight article offering the health benefits of the ingredients/recipe, or
B. Personal story of how/why you acquired the recipe, or
C. How the recipe helped you [lose weight, feel better, reduce IBS, etc]
2. Tips for preparing recipe and/or storing leftovers (not required)
3. Recipe ingredients
4. Cooking instructions
5. Photographs are to be submitted to Submit@ElementsForAHealthierLife.com with recipe title, author’s name, authorization to use photograph in cookbook and all marketing material associated with corresponding cookbook.
6. Biography (with one website)
1. One email sent to your list announcing your participation as one of the contributing writers 2-3 weeks prior to publication date.
2. Minimum one mention in your newsletter 2-3 weeks prior to publication date.
3. Minimum one mention in your newsletter immediately following book release.
4. Robust social media marketing.
By clicking on the PayPal “Pay Now” button below, you acknowledge you have read, fully understand and will comply to the policies established by C.K. Kochis, LLC (publisher) for the UnBox Your Kitchen Cookbook series.
1. I understand submitting a recipe and article does not guarantee it will be published in any of the UnBox Your Kitchen Cookbooks Series.
2. All recipes will be tested for taste, ease of preparation, and ease of locating ingredients prior to acceptance into cookbook.
3. Only recipes submitted via our online form will be accepted.
4. Editorial team and publisher has the right to edit submissions for any reason.
5. Editorial team and publisher has the right to deny/accept submissions for any reason.
6. Only nonfiction articles, stories, and recipes will be considered.
7. There is a $25 fee for one submission per cookbook; $35 fee for two submissions per cookbook
8. There is a $10 non-refundable fee for all submissions. If your submission is not accepted, you will be refunded the remaining balance.
9. Please allow 10-business days for final confirmation letter of acceptance.
10. You will be provided with link to purchases your copies of the cookbooks once it becomes available.
Instructions to become a collaborative partner:
1. Select the individual publication you are submitting the article and recipe.
2. Choose “One article/recipe submission” or “Two article/recipe submissions”.
3. Follow PayPal’s payment procedure instructions.
4. Once payment is received, you’ll be taken to a webpage with the submission form to complete.
5. Download your Welcome Packet
6. Check email for confirmation notification that we received your submission.
Book #1 Dinner at Home:
-One Dish Meals
-Dinner for Two
-The Feast (dinner for 8+)
Estimated date for publication: July 2017
Deadline: May 15th
Book #2 Putting Food Away (canning, ferments & drying herbs):
Estimated date for publication: October 2017
Deadline: August 15th
|UnBox Your Kitchen – Putting Food Away|
Book #3 Breakfast & Lunch:
Breads and rolls
Estimated date for publication: January 2018
Deadline: November 15th
Book #4 Desserts, Beverages & Appetizers:
Estimated date for publication: April 2018
Deadline: February 15th
*$10 non-refundable fee for all submissions. If your submission is not accepted, you will be refunded the remaining balance.
Do you have questions? Please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.